|Household Items Desperately Needed!
Click here for a detailed list of household items needed for the TLP program, drop-off location and hours.
|The goal of the Transitional Living Program (TLP)
TLP assists homeless young people ages 17-22 in preparation for independence and adult living. It does this by providing a stable, safe place to live while enhancing the necessary personal, social, educational and occupational skills to live on their own.
|Key Elements of the TLP Program
- Assessment of skills for independent living
- Individual plan for reaching short term & life goals
- Stable, safe living accommodations
- Social skill development plan and practice
- Counseling and support to continue education
- Access to medical and mental health services
- Skills for obtaining and maintaining employment
- Access to substance abuse education & treatment if needed
- Parenting skills
- Adult mentors
- Access to transportation
- Group recreational, social and creative activities
|Oklahoma Healthy Transitions Initiative (OHTI)
The Oklahoma Healthy Transition Initiative is a comprehensive spectrum of services, which provides support to young persons ages 16-24 who need assistance with transition to adulthood. This assistance will be tailored to meet the needs of the individual and may include supported education, work and
housing. Services are person centered, culturally competent and community based.
The following criteria are the guidelines for involvement:
• The person must be between the ages of 16 and 24
• The person must live in Cleveland, Tulsa or McClain Counties
• The person must have a diagnosable emotional and/or behavioral disorder
• The person must have significant issues that have or are expected to last for a
year or more due to his/her serious emotional and/or behavioral disturbance
• The person needs, has received, or has requested services/support from two or more support systems
• The person must be at risk due to the impact of the serious emotional and/or behavioral disturbance
• The person volunteers for this service and agrees to actively participate in the process
|Apply for TLP and OHTI
Click Here to download a Transitional Living Program application.
Click here to download the OHTI referral form.
This program needs volunteers!
For information about becoming a mentor, click here!