|Today is 12/12/12!
Today is 12/12/12!
To commemorate 12/12/12, we’re bringing you 12 facts about our agency’s work in 2012.
1. We exceeded our goal of $1.5 Million raised to launch our new drop-in center for homeless youth, The Station.
2. 450 homeless youth had their basic needs met (hot meals, clean clothes, and hygiene packs) at The Station.
3. 535 youth in crisis spent a cumulative 4,993 nights in our emergency shelter.
4. 65 homeless youth were moved off the streets and into apartments through our Transitional Living Program.
5. 695 youth and their families began counseling services.
6. 296 youth received counseling through juvenile justice referrals.
7. 79 juvenile offenders received Re-Entry services, with a tremendous success rate of 89%.
8. 93 high school students volunteered for Youth Court, where they served as court officers.
9. More than 5,000 youth received health education at health fairs and community events.
10. 1,213 youth completed PregNot, an evidence-based pregnancy prevention curriculum.
11. Nearly 500 homeless and at-risk teens are receiving Gifts of Hope for the holidays, including tents and sleeping bags, warm clothes, and other necessities.
12. This year, we served 18,000 youth and their families.
To learn more about our agency’s work in 2012, keep your eyes peeled for the 2012 Annual Report – coming soon! Without you, our work would not be possible. Thank you for caring about our community’s young people!